Sunday, April 22, 2007

Decluttering

Haven't posted in such a long while. The weather here is getting better again. I love the warm weather. Of course, we haven't had much cold weather in Mississippi this year. We had some cranes nesting at the edge of our woods, but I haven't heard or seen them in the last 2 days. Also, the hummingbirds are back and just as entertaining as ever.

We cooked burgers outside last night and Lori, Isabella and Julia came over. Isabella is such a mess at two years old. Always wanting to go outside and play. Julia is a little quieter than she is Julia is six, or will be next week. We will go to her party at Flip-Flop Gymnastics next Saturday. Robert and I got her a new Barbie bicycle!

Angela, Lori and I had a rummage sale behind sugarbump's yesterday. I have accumulated too much junk over the years, and I need to get rid of it all. Too much fabric and yarn! I don't think I could live long enough to use it all up. So, in the rummage sale it went. I will probably have one more in May, though I truly do hate having them. You have to get up so early to get all of that stuff out, and pricing everything is such a headache. But I have made a start on cleaning out the clutter in my life. I have a lot more to go. I wonder if I could just bulldoze everything out of here and start over?

My son and grandson stayed the night with us. He is in between houses, so on his weekend to get Chase, they stay here. I usually cook for them, but last night they went to the movies, so I may not get a chance to cook today, as they will leave fairly early.

I have all these ideas in my head for making things for sugarbump's. I believe I'll work on a new diaper bag for the shop. I've got a pattern drawn out, so today may be a good time to try it out. Robert and son-in-law, Corey, have gone fishing, so I'll be alone for a while (except for Chase who is still asleep, and Buster who has gone to a meeting). I usually sew just about every day. I love doing it. Monday I will start teaching Lori to sew on her new machine she got for Christmas. I hope she enjoys it as much as I have over the years. We will start small, probably a pillow of something.

No comments: