Monday, April 23, 2007

It's Monday and I'm off, which is really great!

I'm off today, and I plan on doing not much of anything. I am cutting out a new diaper bag for the shop (http://www.sugarbumps.com/), but that's not really work. As I said before, Saturday was rummage sale day, and I really am glad it's over. Up at 4:00 am and to bed early, about 9:30 pm. I was worn out!

Went to Hancock's yesterday afternoon, to get some new fabric for this diaper bag. It is a vintagie (is that a word?) looking fabric in lavender, green, peach. It reminds me of a vintage quilt. It may turn out looking great! I'll post a pic later, if I feel it is worthy.

I went to Hobby Lobby this morning to pick up my yarn I ordered to finish my afghan. I crochet every chance I get. This is the first afghan I have made in a very long time, and it is for ME. It is a soft wave (ripple) design, that is evidently very popular these days. It is the first pattern I crocheted way back 102 years ago. So, I guess it's true what goes around comes around. Crocheting is so quieting for me. I usually do it in the evening while the tv is going. Mostly, I have always made hats, scarfs, sweaters for children, purses, things like that. The afghan is definitely fun to make and fast. I will be making one for 2 of my grandchildren's step-mother, who is expecting her first child, a boy. It will be in blues and brown. The girls live with their dad and her, so I know her very well.

Got to get off this computer if I plan on getting this diaper bag made today.

No comments: