Saturday, May 12, 2007

Another Saturday at the 'bump

The Gum Tree Festival is going on here and it's a little slow at the shop today. Okay by me! Lori and I will go to the festival when I close at 300. I enjoy walking on the square and seeing all the artists.

These are samples of what I hand embroider onto t-shirts, onesies, etc. and sell at the shop. I just love all the vintage transfers, so I keep doing them whether they sell or not. It doesn't matter to me, because I get such a joy from the stitching. I've gotten some great old transfers from ebay. I remember my grandmother embroidering pillowcases when I was a little girl (that was about 102 years ago). She looked so serene, so I think that is why it brings a peace to me. Of course, I don't have to think about anything other than what I am doing at the time. I'll post some more when I finish the linen bubble and panties. I think they will be so cute.

Lori just came into the shop (it's her Saturday off) to make a bracelet for a customer. I believe I'll go to the back and watch her. Her jewelry is so pretty. AND I have another daughter who is very talented - Angela at Pink Present. She's the one who keeps me straight and up on all the latest "beat box" news. She has her own line of screen printed tees and does canvases and other painting. You can see her stuff on Etsy or her web site: www.pinkpresent.biz. I have been blessed by my children (and theirs).

No comments: