Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day after Independence Day

Yesterday was July Fourth, as I suppose most everyone in the US knows. So we know what was going on that particular day. I wonder what people were doing the next day. Did they go about their business as if they were always free, did they get it? Do we? Today, the day after Independence Day, do we still thank God for the freedom we have? Do we realize what a great country we live in today, even with all the flaws we have? After all, today I can write this freely, I can salute the flag with pride and know that it's there because of those who came before me. So, today I just wanted to say Happy after Independence Day! Let freedom ring.

Now, what have I been doing since my last post, which was quite a while ago. Well, I've been working at sugarbump's, my daughter and I both hoping the economy will get better. New things have been added at our little shop. Among them some items we have made ourselves. I'm doing appliqued shirts for adults as well as for children. So far I've done a cross, peace sign, fleur-de-lis, and the words peace and love. I really like the fleur-de-lis. And the shirts with peace and love are so cute. I think anyone could wear them. The colors I have right now are white, brown, turquoise, fuschia and lime wedge. The shirts are a fitted, cap-sleeve. My favorites are love and peace.

My daughter Lori is making hand-stamped jewelry, and taking orders at the shop. We have a facebook page: sugarbumps. If you are on facebook you can find us there or our website: www.sugarbumps.com. I enjoy doing applique so much, and I do appliqued name shirts for children at the shop. They are very popular, and we get many orders for them.
Going to sign off for now. Hope to get back to this blog sooner next time. Summer time in Mississippi is HOT, so I'll be inside more or in the pool.

No comments: