Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Homecoming Queen


My husband and I attended my granddaughter's homecoming. She was crowned homecoming queen, which made us very proud. She just turned 14 this month and will be at the high school next year. Where did all the time go? She and her sister are our first two grandchildren. Her sister is 18 months older than her and is just as beautiful. All my grandchildren are beautiful, but I'm not prejudice.


Seems like yesterday they were babies and needing us so much. Now, they're young ladies, learning all sorts of things, and growing up so beautifully. I enjoy them coming over to visit. Saturday we had 4 granddaughters over for the night. Papaw made a campfire out by the edge of the woods, and the girls roasted wieners and marshmallows. They were eaten as soon as they were cooked. You know, kids have a large appetite. Bella, the youngest grandchild - 4 - ate all night, well at least until 10:00 when we said no more. They all fell into bed about 11:30 and slept soundly all night! Breakfast was exciting, everyone wanted something different. So I cooked biscuits, pancakes, bacon and eggs. All was eaten.

No comments: