Friday, November 6, 2009

I Found My Tail

This year I turned 63 and for 43 years I have been chasing my tail. I think maybe this year I have finally found it - or what's left of it. I'm not kidding when I say that it seems as though I've done nothing but try to be someone that others would like. Now, I still want people to like me, and I'm not really a mean person anyway, but I just feel that it's time for me to let go of some things. I'm closing my shop this year that I've owned with one of my daughters. At first it was just devastating for me to close, but I thought about it and I think it's more ego than anything. I'm beginning to like the idea of going home, doing some things I've wanted to do for such a long time.

I believe I'll continue my blog, but try to be more me on here. You know, how sometimes you are writing, and it just doesn't seem to be the real you? I don't think I'm making things up, but I do wish I could be more honest with myself. This will be a sewing blog, a creations blog, a journal blog, a whatever blog I want it to be. Probably no one reads it anyway, so I might as well put into it what I want to put into it. Make sense? Oh, well, it does to me. I wish I didn't start lots of things then not finish them, or think I can do lots more than I really can. I've got to let go of some of that. That's hard to do, though. So, I'm starting my New Year's resolutions early this year. Maybe I can actually stick to some of them.

No comments: