Thursday, March 18, 2010

We Will Dance

Yesterday morning I was awakened with a phone call from my sister-in-law. My baby brother, Jamie, had been killed in a car crash. How can I explain the depth of my sadness? I am 12 years older than he and growing up he was like my little baby. Where I went, he went. I would hold him in my arms and dance for hours, then when he was a little older, he would stand on my feet and we would dance and laugh the time away. I pray he has found peace now, as his last years have been painful - for him and his family. He was a kind, loving, giving human being, who loved life. He has two beautiful, wonderful sons, Steven and Justin. They will have to live their lives without their father. He was 51. Justin is 28, Steven, 18.

I will see him again one day and he will stand on my feet and we will dance.

5 comments:

Michele said...

So sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the depth of your grief, but you are so right that you "will see him again one day and he will stand on my feet and we will dance." What a lovely memory to have of your brother.

My thoughts are with you,
Michele of By Your Side

The Hillbilly Housewife said...

I am so sorry. I am a brand new follower/fan and it was so sad that this is the first blog of yours that I read. I am much older than my siblings, and at times, they seem like your own children, don't they? And now I am repeating the cycle, my youngest is 3 months, then I have a 12 yr old and a 20 yr old.

I will keep you in my prayers over the next few days as I am sure they will be tough for you!

The Redhead Riter said...

I'm so sorry! You will always have beautiful memories so hold onto them. He was such a cute kid. I'm really sorry for your loss.

MommaKiss said...

OH GOD, I am bawling. I swear. I've gotten THE call that my Little brother was killed. In a car accident. He was young, no family of his own yet, but still - the loss of a sibling is unlike any other loss. To me at least. I'm sorry you're a part of this group now, but Yes. You will dance with him again. A big fat hug from this kid. Serious hug.

Lynnie said...

MommaKiss, I am so sorry about your loss. I feel what you are feeling. I told my other brother, we are no longer three, we are only 2/3's of what we were - we will never be whole again.