Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Fat Lady's Singing

The day has come for sugarbump's to close the doors. And today is the last day open to the public. Seems bittersweet. I have loved my shop for the last 5 years, something I've always wanted throughout my life. I just waited too long to do it. If I have any words of wisdom to the young, it's live your life and do the things that make you happy. If you have a dream, don't keep putting it off - do it. Step out on faith, then give it your all. That's my only regret - I put off my dream too long.

Even though my shop is closing, I will continue to create from home. It is built into me, I can't get rid of it, nor do I want to get rid of it. When I am making something, especially for a child, I'm the happiest. Plus, I have enough fabric to clothe the children of the world. I believe that if God gives you a talent, it's your responsibility to share it with the world. Not all may appreciate it, but it is what you're born to do, you will be driven to do it.
Goodbye, sweet shop, I'll miss you and all the people that have come through your doors. They all have become my friends. I've watched new moms with their new babies and those babies are now 5. They all like to come to sugarbump's. We always treat you like family.

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Stopping in from blogfrog! Your shop looked so cute! :) Keep up the creativity!

Kendra
www.keylimedesigns.blogspot.com

Brit said...

Stopping in from blogfrog too...your shop looked way cute, where is it located?

Brit @ Esbechic.com

Lynnie said...

My shop was in Tupelo, Mississippi. I miss it but glad to be home.

ams33 said...

visiting from blog frog :) I've got to say, if I lived in your town, I would step into your shop. It looks so appealing and adorable! Sad you have to say goodbye.

Lynnie said...

I miss it, but maybe I'll learn to love being home.

hotpants™ said...

For what it's worth, your store looked awfully cute.

I'm stopping by from SITS. We're happy to have you.