Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday, I think!

It seems that since I've quit "going" to work, I can not keep up with the day of the week. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is think - "what day is it?" Maybe it's Monday, no wait, on Monday I did so and so, so it can't be Monday. I don't have a calendar hanging in my sewing room. Maybe I should get one. I like calendars, but if I like them a lot, I can't throw them away, especially if they have pretty pictures. I, also, have trouble throwing away magazines. I mean, I was in printing for 30 years, so I know how hard the process is to get that magazine finished, but it's the pictures that keep me from throwing them away.

Oh, and I love to buy books and magazines. I have so many that I will never do anything with, but I have to have them. I'm sick. I know I'm sick. That's the first step, isn't it? Admitting you have an addiction?

And I won't even go to the fabric addiction I have. It's embarrassing. My husband wanted to rent out the old Lowe's building for my stash. He said that being on drugs would cost less than my fabric spending. Maybe he's right, but I get much more satisfaction out of the fabric than I would from drugs, I'm sure. I'm not saying I have experience in drugs, I'm just thinking fabric is better.

That shelf up there? That's just a little teeny tiny bit of fabric I have. This is just one room. I have also taken over the sun room now. It's full also. I even gave away about 6 boxes of fabric to the church to make clothing for underprivileged children. Didn't make a dent! But I am trying to go through it and do something with it, as I don't think I have enough years in my life left to use the fabric. Then there's the fact that if I really like the fabric I find it hard to cut it. I know, I know. What is it for, if not for cutting and sewing? When I die, just do the inside of my casket with some of my favorite fabric. Or just roll me up in the fabric, don't even get a casket, it's okay with me. Wait, how did I get off onto this subject? I said I wasn't going to even talk about my fabric addiction. Okay, so I lie, also. Look, I've got to get to the sewing room and use some of this fabric. They say to live each day as though it were your last, so I've got a lot to do!

No comments: