Saturday, July 3, 2010

Memories of You

Tomorrow will be July 4th, Independence Day. But for me it is my brother's 52nd birthday. For 51 years the USA has celebrated my brother's birthday along with all of his friends and family. When Jamie was little you could not convince him it wasn't all about him. But this July 4th will be a little different for a lot of people. My brother is not here, but I'm sure fireworks will be shooting forth in Heaven. I don't know if the 4th will ever be the same for me. I always thought of Jamie when those fireworks started, and he was quite a firecracker himself.

 

There we are, the three of us, Lynn, Tommy, Jamie. I told my brother, Tommy, we are only two thirds now, we will never be a whole. There will always be a void where that one used to be. Jamie loved people and would go out of his way to help his fellow man. As a postman, it was not just his job, it was his mission. The people on his route, a lot of them, were elderly, not wealthy. Jamie would check on them, even when he wasn't working, making sure they were okay and if they needed anything he took it to them. Now, that's not just a postman, that's a friend.


This is Jamie and his wife, Pam. They were married when she was 17, true soul mates. They have a son, Steven, born on our daddy's birthday. It will be hard for him to live his life without his dad, I know.


The last picture made of my brothers together. Tommy is on the left, Jamie on the right. I cherish this picture. Don't they look alike? I think they do very much.

Jamie, if you can hear me today, happy birthday. I will forever love you and miss you. My heart will never be the same without you. I hope you knew how much you were loved on this earth by me, Tommy and all the friends you left behind and there were many. When the fireworks begin tonight, I know you'll be looking down and know it is for you. Love you, sweet baby brother.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

This is a very sweet tribute to your brother. God Bless.

GingerLouise Clothing said...

I am so sorry for your loss, I lost my dad right before Christmas and life will never be the same.