Sunday, August 15, 2010

Getting Ready for Canton

Still sewing for Canton Flea Market in October. If any of you get a chance, you should try to go October 14, Canton, Mississippi. Great outdoor market, with many artisans, we well as just about anything else you can think of to buy. This will be my first time to be a vendor, and I'm a little nervous. Hoping I can make enough to sell, as so many people come to this particular flea market.

I will share just a couple of things made so far.

This is one of my new Christmas shirts and I'm working on one more for girls. Got to come up with something for the boys. I've done a reindeer in the past, and I might do it again, as it was very popular. My other girl shirt is HOPE with the O being an ornament. I think it's going to look good. I will post it sometime today.


I like this little set for boys. I will be making it in various sizes. I am awaiting 4 bolts of fabric to begin my next designs. I will be making reversible jumpers, one side being a Christmas theme, the other side for any time of the year. And I will be making some long-alls for boys, as well as pants and shirts appliqued. I think I will be busy from now until October!

Life is good here in Mississippi, though a bit hot this year. I hate to say this, but I will be glad when it gets a little bit cooler. If only we could have cool weather a little bit longer here. We don't have that many months of COLD weather, but it's enough for me.

Enjoy your Sunday and stay cool.

No comments: