Monday, September 6, 2010

Will You Still Need Me When I'm 64?

Time is going by very fast for me, and soon I'll be 64. I remember that song from when I was a teenager - "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64." That seemed like such a long time away!! But here it is, just around the corner. Do you ever wake up in the morning and think how did I get here, where did the years go, and who is that woman that has moved into my house and is calling herself me?

I have found out, though, that this is not the last part of my life but the BEST part of my life! This weekend I went to an MSU college football game with my daughter and family, my 2nd one in my lifetime, the first being when I was a sophomore in high school! I LOVED IT!!! The drums, the band, the touchdowns, the screaming, the cheers, the cowbells ringing, the heat, the people, I loved it all. And I didn't even know I would. I know - I'm starting late! Well, at least I'm starting. I enjoyed myself so much, and didn't think about one problem at all the whole time.
Just look at those guys playing! They were great! And the band! Wow what a band! It sounds so much better when you are there than on tv.

And to top it all, State won against Memphis State. What a great first State game for me! So, I'm asking you this? Will you still take me to the game when I'm 64? Or 74?


No comments: